The American Legislative Exchange Council, founded, led, and funded in part by the Koch brothers, is leading the class war by corporatists and plutocrats to disenfranchise ordinary people. ALEC opposes unions, voting rights, regulation, environmental law and other democratic countervailing power. ALEC relies on corrupt direct access to legislators, handing them already-written bills.
- ALEC Exposed [More...]
- The Center For Media And Democracy's wiki on the enormous and corrupt reach of the American Legislative Exchange Council into our democratic governments. How ALEC is reshaping the law and democracy for the benefit of the wealthy. Who funds, controls, and works for ALEC.
- 15 Months in Virtual Charter Hell: A Teacher's Tale [More...]
- Virtual Charter Schools are the latest ALEC-sponsored attempt at undermining public schools through corporatization of education. They target communities of color or poverty which are dispossessed and disempowered.
- ALEC Free Markets Myth Debunked, But ALEC Won't Comment [More...]
- Asked on camera to explain how ALEC's work against clean energy incentives while ignoring fossil fuel subsidies fits its "free markets" mission, ALEC had "no comment" for Greenpeace.
- Charlatans, Cranks and Kansas [More...]
- Paul Krugman takes the Kochtopus' ALEC to task for promoting long-discredited Supply-Side Economics policies. "And most of ALEC’s efforts are directed, not surprisingly, at privatization, deregulation, and tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy."
- The Con Artistry of Charter Schools [More...]
- Criminality, failure, self-dealing, misuse of funds, lack of oversight, political corruption, a trend to big business, and the political interference of ALEC have brought about a spate of FBI investigations of charter schools.
- The Koch Brothers, ALEC and the Savage Assault on Democracy [More...]
- “We are in the midst of the greatest coordinated legislative attack on voting rights since the dawn of Jim Crow,”
- The Legislative Attack on American Wages and Labor Standards, 2011–2012 [More...]
- There has been a huge, nationwide, state-level attack on workers led by ALEC and others. "This policy agenda undercuts the ability of low- and middle-wage workers, both union and non-union, to earn a decent wage."
No quotations found in this category.