An Anarchist FAQ Webpage
Choose one of these to see this page:
A collaborative effort to present the basics of anarchism and correct misrepresentations by opponents (such as libertarians.) Updated and expanded versions of some Spunk Press items.
- An Anarchist FAQ, David Friedman and Medieval Iceland [More...]
- So what of Friedman's "critique"? Other than some nitpicking and a less that charitable perspective on the all so human ability to make mistakes, his "critique" does not amount to much. Iceland was a communal system, according to his own "expert voice." It was one based, initially, on "artisan" production (i.e. farmers and craftspeople working their own tools and land). It is used by "anarcho"-capitalists as a "favorite example" of their system working in "the real world" even if Friedman himself does not exactly claim so (in spite of him bringing up to bolster his claims).
- Is "anarcho"-capitalism a type of anarchism? [More...]
- An anarchist explanation of how anarcho-capitalism interferes with freedom and how capitalism is created by the state.
- Is Medieval Iceland an example of "anarcho"-capitalism working in practice? [More...]
- "Ironically, medieval Iceland is a good example of why "anarcho"-capitalism will not work, degenerating into de facto rule by the rich."
- What are the myths of capitalist economics? [More...]
- An anarchist overview of problems of economics, exploitation, distribution, big business, and false claims of capitalist benefits.
No quotations found in this category.