False Claims to Rationality and Logic
From Critiques Of Libertarianism
Many libertarians make ridiculous claims to logic and rationality. Simple test: can you construct a coherent chain of syllogisms to the beliefs and conclusions of these authors? The answer is always no.
- Ayn Rand (37 links)
- Anybody who thinks Rand is a great author or a great philosopher can be immediately discounted. She was the Horatio Alger of her era. See also Objectivism, her cult philosophy.
- Ludwig von Mises (25 links)
- Austrian economist, mentor of Friedrich von Hayek, and a major right-wing economic crank. Father of Praxeology.
- Praxeology (10 links)
- Ludwig von Mises' anti-scientific, axiomatic, a priori methodology for supporting his preferred conservative political economy. Also used by Murray Rothbard, Hans-Hermann Hoppe and some other libertarians. Ignored by academia, promoted by the crank vanity press Ludwig von Mises Institute.
- Reason Magazine (9 links)
- A Koch-funded propaganda mill that produces prolefeed for true believers. The most ironically named magazine in existence; it would be better titled "Confirmation Bias".
Boaz has fully mastered Patronizing Libertarian Voice, with which (male) libertarians use highly irrational arguments to dismiss every other politics as the beliefs of a child, while loudly insisting on their faultless rationality.
Nathan Robinson, "Oh God, Please Not Libertarianism..."