Libertarians generally align with "climate skeptics" (denialists of global warming) because market regulation by government is needed to reduce global warming. Opposition to global warming theory has been funded at very high levels by the petrochemical industry and the Koch brothers.
- DESMOG: Clearing the PR pollution that clouds climate science. [More...]
- A great source for accurate, fact based information regarding global warming misinformation campaigns. Has up to date news and a huge disinformation database.
- Motivated Rejection Of Science [More...]
- They find that endorsement of a laissez-faire conception of free-market economics predicts rejection of climate science and other established scientific findings, such as the facts that HIV causes AIDS and that smoking causes lung cancer.
- 101 Boosterism [More...]
- "The point is that just because Econ 101 makes a smart, counterintuitive point doesn’t make that point of central importance, here or elsewhere. People should know what’s in the textbook; above all, they should buy my book! But never imagine that it’s the be-all and end-all of what matters."
- A Plan To Nationalize Fossil Fuel Companies [More...]
- "Climate change cries out for ambitious solutions... a publicly controlled energy transition whose profits finance a secure, collectively-owned clean energy industry will do more good for America, and the world, than any spending on F-35s or foreign interventions.]]
- Are we holding the leash or wearing the collar? [More...]
- Billionaires with good intentions, flashy pronouncements, and market-driven solutions have failed in many fields that need changes. Emissions reduction, education, charter cities, seasteads, etc.
- Bill Gates: Only Socialism Can Save the Climate, ‘The Private Sector is Inept’ [More...]
- "Gates admitted that the private sector is too selfish and inefficient to do the work on its own, and that mitigating climate change would be impossible without the help of government research and development."
- Billionaires Carbon Bomb: The Koch Brothers and the Keystone XL Pipeline
- How the Keystone XL Pipeline, global warming denialism, the Tea Party and the Citizen’s United ruling all are in the economic interests of (and have been influenced by) the second richest family in the US. Emphasis on the harms the Koch brothers are committing.
- Cato Institute Helpfully Makes Its Fake Climate Report Look Like Actual Government Climate Report, Except Fake [More...]
- Classic libertarian public relations propaganda about climate change.
- Conservative Donors Pump $1 Billion A Year Into Climate Denying Groups, Study Finds [More...]
- "Organizations that actively block efforts to address climate change are funded by a large network of conservative donors to the tune of nearly $1 billion a year [...]" Describes new "dark money" techniques for concealing funding sources, especially from the petrochemical industry.
- Errors and Emissions: Could Fighting Global Warming Be Cheap and Free? [More...]
- The idea that economic growth and climate action are incompatible may sound hardheaded and realistic, but it’s actually a fuzzy-minded misconception. If we ever get past the special interests and ideology that have blocked action to save the planet, we’ll find that it’s cheaper and easier than almost anyone imagines.
- Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine [More...]
- An index and a short video detailing the enormous funding of climate denialism by the Koch brothers through a huge network of front groups..
- Leaked Heartland Institute documents pull back curtain on climate scepticism [More...]
- "The Heartland Institute, an influential rightwing thinktank based in Chicago, which has long pushed misinformation about climate change, is currently having its own Wizard of Oz moment following the leaking of internal documents which reveal the true extent of its funding and efforts to cast doubt on climate science."
- Noise: Lies, Damned Lies, and Denial of Global Warming (book)
- "demonstrates how climate change denialist cherry pick, distort, or misuse statistical data to confuse or mislead the public. For serious students of climate change and techniques used by denialist, this book is a 'must have' for your library."
- Patrick Michaels (2 links)
- Patrick Michaels is a global warming skeptic who has admitted that 40 per cent of his funding came from the oil industry. He is a director at the Cato Institute.
- Patrick Michaels' 1992 claims versus the 2012 reality [More...]
- "Michaels just ignored the last 20 years of science showing the effect of air pollution because it destroyed the argument he wanted to make."
- Patrick Michaels: Serial Deleter of Inconvenient Data [More...]
- "In fact, not only does Michaels misrepresent climate research on a regular basis, but on several occasions he has gone as far as to manipulate other scientists' figures by deleting parts he doesn't like."
- Patterson and Kehoe, and the great lead debate [More...]
- How Robert Kehoe developed the strategy that the lead industry used to avoid regulation and liability over the course of decades of poisoning of millions. A strategy replicated for tobacco, innumerable other pollutants, and global warming denialism.
- PolluterWatch [More...]
- "PolluterWatch is a project of Greenpeace that holds polluters accountable for the work they’re doing to block the transition from the dirty fossil fuels of the past to the clean energy sources of the future."
- The Immediate Global Costs of Pollution [More...]
- "The studies suggest that roughly 8.4-9.0 million people die each year from pollution... one set of estimates suggests that the costs of pollution might be about $4.6 trillion, or equal to about 6.2% of global national income... The Lancet Commission is saying that steps to reduce climate change would pay for themselves in terms of avoided mortality in air pollution."
- The Madhouse Effect: How Climate Change Denial Is Threatening Our Planet, Destroying Our Politics, and Driving Us Crazy (book)
- A history and rebuttal of industry-funded climate change denialism.
- The Wall Street Journal Parade of Climate Lies [More...]
- Jeffrey Sachs catches Matt Ridley in a blatant misrepresentation of scientific findings on The Wall Street Journal's editorial page. This is typical of Rupert Murdoch's publications.
- Those 3% of scientific papers that deny climate change? A review found them all flawed [More...]
- “Every single one of those analyses had an error—in their assumptions, methodology, or analysis—that, when corrected, brought their results into line with the scientific consensus,” Hayhoe wrote in a Facebook post.
- Whack-a-Mole [More...]
- Here’s a challenge for readers: how many long-debunked-but-will-never-die climate denial themes can you spot in the following advertisement from the New York Times back in 2000?
- Why DO Reeps and Libbies Suffer from the Smart Idiot Syndrome? [More...]
- A lament that even the smartest people still have the same vulnerabilities to disinformation (agnotology) outside their area of specialization. In this case, global warming.
- Yes, the Kochs fund groups out of self-interest [More...]
- "Men who make their living emitting carbon pay thinkers to argue against government regulation of carbon."
Free-market fundamentalists prefer rejecting science to admitting that there are ever cases when government regulation is necessary.
Paul Krugman, "The Id That Ate the Planet"