From Critiques Of Libertarianism
An entrepot that doesn't pay for its own defense, with government ownership of all land, and a host of government mandates.
- Doesnt Hong Kong show the potentials of free market capitalism? [More...]
- "[...] the reality of Hong Kong was one marked by collusion between big business and the state and that in key areas the regime was much more "socialist" than its British counterpart [...]" Part of An Anarchist FAQ.
- Kowloon Walled City (2 links)
- A parasitic ungoverned 7 hectares in Hong Kong that was noted for its crime, drugs, prostitution, rule by triads, corruption and lack of sewerage, electricity and clean water. Living conditions fell far behind those of the rest of Hong Kong before the residents were bought out and it was demolished to build a park.
- The 'freest economies in the world' [More...]
- "Taken together, the governments of the two territories thus make it easy to believe that the Cato Institute's criteria for economic freedom do not include a category for a country's common citizens and consumers."
No quotations found in this category.