From Critiques Of Libertarianism
An experiment in herding cats.
- Anarcho-Depravity [More...]
- Libertarians (including the Libertarian Party have a long, sordid and extensive history of claiming children ought to be treated as free adults when it comes to sex, employment, legal prostitution, legal addictions, etc.
- Archimedes Shrugged: The Great Libertarian Racket
- Hugh Akston's 2001 critical review of the Libertarian Party, emphasizing the capture of the party for personal profit by a Harry Browne clique. Scathing.
- FAQ for Prospective Libertarians
- Rich Puchalsky's criticisms of the LPUSA.
- Free To Plunder: The Case Against Gary Johnson And Libertarianism [More...]
- What's wrong with the Libertarian Party and its platform. "Libertarian policies are, overwhelmingly, good for those who already enjoy abundant advantages and privileges, e.g., corporations and rich straight white men. That’s why the Koch brothers are libertarians."
- Gary Johnson and the libertarian swindle [More...]
- "Look beneath the Libertarian Party's public relations gloss, and you'll find a fanatical devotion to the most conventional beliefs about capitalism".
- Libertarian Party (RationalWiki) [More...]
- "As of 2012, no party spokesman has addressed the irony of a group of individualists pooling their efforts to join an entity they despise."
- Libertarian Party Platforms
- The various Libertarian Party platforms have been amazingly extreme and one of the best arguments AGAINST libertarianism. So radical, that they have mostly been purged from the web so as not to embarrass the party. They grew more and more detailed and outrageous until 2006 when they were abbreviated so that they wouldn't frighten off newcomers. The newest platforms show only the mildest, vaguest tip of the libertarian iceberg.
- We Are The Victors -- Robot Chicken -- Adult Swim [More...]
- A Robot Chicken YouTube satire of LPUSA candidates over numerous campaigns doomed to failure.
- Why I am not a Libertarian [More...]
- "The Libertarian Party seems to be completely unaware that the robber baron era ever happened at all in American history. Although libertarians profess to want individual liberty, their platform is a blueprint for unrestrained rule by the rich and powerful."
- Why the Libertarian Party Is Worthless [More...]
- "My conclusion is that for libertarian ideas to advance, the Libertarian Party must go completely out of business. It must cease to exist, period. No more candidates, no more wasted votes and no more disillusioned libertarian activists."
Deprecated in favor of Template:List.
One cannot overstate the childishness of the ideas that feed and stir the masses. Real ideas must as a rule be simplified to the level of a child's understanding if they are to arouse the masses to historic actions. A childish illusion, fixed in the minds of all children born in a certain decade and hammered home for four years, can easily reappear as a deadly serious political ideology twenty years later.
Sebastian Haffner, "Defying Hitler: A Memoir", pg. 17.
Austin Petersen said that it shouldn’t be possible for someone to sell a 5-year-old heroin. He got booed. [2016 Libertarian Party USA Convention]
Grant Thompson, "Drugs, wizards, and trolls: The Libertarian Party"
So much for the idea that so-called libertarians are uncompromising champions of freedom. In truth, they're tireless defenders of the idea that the people with the most wealth and power in our society deserve to keep it. This, of course, is hardly the subversive, counter-cultural brew that libertarians seem to think they're peddling--this is exactly what bought-off establishment politicians in Washington already think.
Tyler Zimmer, "Gary Johnson and the libertarian swindle"