From Critiques Of Libertarianism
Link to Mercatus Center.
- Blacklisted Economics Professor Found Dead: NC Publishes His Last Letter [More...]
- A brilliant savaging of Public Choice Theory, and a beautiful explanation of why so many economists are pro-business hacks.
- Bryan Caplan (13 links)
- Yet another creative, ideological, bomb throwing recipient of right-wing welfare at the Koch-funded George Mason University Economics Department and Mercatus Center. A master of the Gish Gallop, assembling fire-hose sprays of weak academic studies, cherry-picked information, bad argument and other propaganda.
- Fact-Checking the Fact-Checkers on Medicare-for-All [More...]
- Mercatus coached authors of 3 supposed fact-checking articles to accept its misrepresentations of Medicare-forAll.
- Freedom in the 50 States [More...]
- Classic pseudoscientific propaganda aimed at freedom of business from the democratic desires of real people. From the Mercatus Center.
- George Mason University Economics Department (9 links)
- A Koch-financed libertarian department of an otherwise publicly financed university. As of 2012, the Kochs had donated at least $33,000,000 to George Mason University. Essentially the entire department is also employed by the Mercatus Center, providing more Koch influence.
- Mercatus Center "Experts" on the Subprime Crisis [More...]
- What Mercatus Center "scholars" wrote about subprime lending before the collapse, and how it was completely wrong.
- Nice Publicity: WSJ Profiles Free-Market Economist, Fails to Note His Koch Brothers Tie [More...]
- Alain Sherter points out that the WSJ's article on Peter Boettke fails to mention Mercatus and the Koch brothers.
- Robin Hanson (2 links)
- Another Koch-financedpropagandist at the George Mason University Economics Department and the Mercatus Center.
- The Libertarian Map of Freedom [More...]
- Corey Robin points out a few of the howlers in the Mercatus Center's “Freedom in the 50 States.” "Libertarian freedom: no abortion, everyone in jail, and the lights are on all the time. Free at last, free at last."
- The Mercatus Center’s Estimate of the Costs of a National Single-Payer Healthcare System: Ideology Masquerading as Health Economics [More...]
- Blahous’ biased, anti-single payer estimate inadvertently bolsters the evidence that a single payer reform would greatly increase the efficiency and fairness of the U.S. health care system.
- The public choice of public choice [More...]
- 10 formerly secret agreements between Koch-funded donations to public George Mason University reveal what has long been expected: an appalling breach of academic responsibility. "The ordinary protection against conflict of interest, and against donors using the university’s reputation as an ideological/financial cutout or flag of convenience is to build institutional firewalls..."
- Tyler Cowen on Subprime Lending [More...]
- Tyler Cowen's ignorant misreading of the subprime lending crisis.
- Uncovering Koch Role in Faculty Hires [More...]
- "George Mason says some of its past donor agreements with Charles Koch Foundation have afforded the organization a say in faculty appointments, in violation of the norms of academic freedom."
Clayton Coppin, who taught history at George Mason and compiled the confidential study of Charles’s political activities for Bill Koch, describes Mercatus outright in his report as “ a lobbying group disguised as a disinterested academic program.”
Jane Mayer, "Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" pg. 150.