NRA and other gun extremists
Libertarians usually endorse NRA positions or even more extreme positions on private ownership of armaments. The NRA has created an absolutist atmosphere extremely hostile to reasoned discussion of (or research on) benefits and harms of guns.
- Guns (16 links)
- Libertarians generally endorse unregulated private ownership of guns and other armaments, no matter how absurd.
- Guns and Privatized Sovereignty [More...]
- "Constitutions, citizens, and markets are all made. Over the past forty years, we have made a gun market that follows the rules of almost no other markets in American life, supported by a gun jurisprudence that both draws on and amplifies divisive, inegalitarian, and misarchic strains in American politics."
- How NRA Advertising Changed The Second Amendment–And American Gun Culture [More...]
- How the NRA pushed for a revisionary interpretation of the 2nd Amendment, and how it has been pushed by libertarian leaders to the extreme right.
- Militias (3 links)
- In the USA, "militia" is a euphemism for private, nongovernment, nonprofessional armies created for political purposes. Many of these militia's members are libertarians. Private armies like these militias are frequently a tool of coercion: after the Civil War, private armies played a major role in instituting Jim Crow by terrorizing blacks. Hitler and Mussolini both rose to power through their private armies.
- Rand Paul Email Touts False Gun Conspiracy About U.N. Treaty That Doesn’t Exist [More...]
- Rand Paul shows some of the flakey, paranoid side his father is also famous for.
- The Atlanta Declaration [More...]
- Starts with: "Every man, woman, and responsible child has an unalienable individual, civil, Constitutional, and human right to obtain, own, and carry, openly or concealed, any weapon -- rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything -- any time, any place, without asking anyone's permission." Total gunloonery that would permit private nukes, biological weapons, etc.
No quotations found in this category.