Subsidized Training In Libertarian Ideology
Enormous amounts are spent by Koch-funded or founded organizations to train politicians, judges, college students, high school students and professional libertarian shills in the application of libertarian ideology for government and public relations.
- Anatomy Of A Libertard: Will Wilkinson And The Koch-Funded Nomenklatura [More...]
- Koch libertarian ideologue production is compared to the Soviet Union’s Communist Party member production. "[...] guess what thinker changed Will Wilkinson’s life? Actually, don’t try guessing: Ayn Rand, that’s the answer every time, just as Lenin was the answer every time in the Soviet Union."
- How The Theocratic Right Wing Guarantees Its Legacy: Grooming Future Judges [More...]
- "There really is a vast right-wing conspiracy with no separation between the so-called libertarian wing and the theocratic wing. Not only do they coordinate at the top levels, but they are also actively working to inculcate young people with their view that there is no barrier between church and state by actively pursuing law students and offering them a paid fellowship to learn how to bend American law and the constitution to suit a fundamentalist Christian world view."
- Koch Brothers Pushing Garbage Libertarian “Textbook” On Poor Schools [More...]
- 5 good links to articles about the Kochs trying to inject their views into pre-college education.
- Koch High: How The Koch Brothers Are Buying Their Way Into The Minds Of Public School Students [More...]
- "But with Youth Entrepreneurs, the Koch pipeline for creating a new generation of liberty advancers now starts early: A student can take the YE course in high school, participate in the YE Academy to earn scholarship money and then use that money to pay for a degree from a Koch-funded university."
- Megan McArdle: A Covert Republican Party Activist Trained By the Billionaire Koch Brothers [More...]
- Megan McArdle is held up as an example of how right-wing welfare for conservative shills works.
- PragerU relies on a veneer of respectability to obscure its propagandist mission [More...]
- "It’s not enough to just say that PragerU isn’t an actual university. It’s outright propaganda, and those appearing on the channel are propagandists. As an institution, PragerU has proved to be toxic, and it should be best understood as -- as its “About Us” page notes -- a “digital marketing campaign.”"
- The Handmaiden of Entrepreneurship: Philosophy in the time of Charles Koch [More...]
- David Johnson reviews a Koch-funded textbook for high school students, Ethics, Economy & Entrepreneurship for a course called "Philosophy 101: Ethics, Economy, and Entrepreneurship". "What I found was a peculiar mixture of the utterly banal and the frighteningly ideological."
- The Shouting Class [More...]
- "But a subset of people will never stop complaining. When a problem becomes less severe, they switch to a different problem. And they will always find some problem that they feel requires their vocal complaint. That subset -- the people who will never stop complaining and giving negative feedback - are the Shouting Class."
One cannot overstate the childishness of the ideas that feed and stir the masses. Real ideas must as a rule be simplified to the level of a child's understanding if they are to arouse the masses to historic actions. A childish illusion, fixed in the minds of all children born in a certain decade and hammered home for four years, can easily reappear as a deadly serious political ideology twenty years later.
Sebastian Haffner, "Defying Hitler: A Memoir", pg. 17.