From Critiques Of Libertarianism
The Koch Brothers have pivoted to use their libertarian-developed propaganda [and substantial funding] in an attempt to manipulate the Republican Party.
- Anatomy Of A Libertard: Will Wilkinson And The Koch-Funded Nomenklatura [More...]
- Koch libertarian ideologue production is compared to the Soviet Union’s Communist Party member production. "[...] guess what thinker changed Will Wilkinson’s life? Actually, don’t try guessing: Ayn Rand, that’s the answer every time, just as Lenin was the answer every time in the Soviet Union."
- Billionaires Carbon Bomb: The Koch Brothers and the Keystone XL Pipeline [More...]
- How the Keystone XL Pipeline, global warming denialism, the Tea Party and the Citizen’s United ruling all are in the economic interests of (and have been influenced by) the second richest family in the US. Emphasis on the harms the Koch brothers are committing.
- How the Rich Rule [More...]
- "A politics based on cultural values and symbolism rather than bread-and-butter interests. When politics is waged on these grounds, elections are won by those who are most successful at “priming” our latent cultural and psychological markers, not those who best represent our interests."
- July 4th Note to Tea Partiers: Your Politics Would Baffle the Founding Fathers [More...]
- “What would the founders do?” is, from the point of view of historical analysis, an ill-considered and unanswerable question, and pointless, too. Problems with constitutional originalism.
- Keeping It Real on 'neo-Confederate Libertarians' [More...]
- "It's not for me to referee the intramural disputes within the libertarian movement. I'm sure they have no desire for me to try. But the neo-Confederates, the Lew Rockwells and that whole crew are fundamentally about white supremacy and nativism. And the Paul clan has been thick as thieves with those folks forever."
- Not a Tea Party, a Confederate Party [More...]
- The Tea Party is continuing the work of the Confederacy. "The essence of the Confederate worldview is that the democratic process cannot legitimately change the established social order, and so all forms of legal and illegal resistance are justified when it tries."
- Nullification, Neo-Confederates, and the Revenge of the old Right [More...]
- "Behind the recent surge of nullification bills in state legislatures there is an ongoing battle for the soul of the GOP—and the future of the union itself. The nullification movement’s ideology is rooted in reverence for states’ rights and a theocratic and neo-Confederate interpretation of U.S. history. And Ron Paul, who is often portrayed as a libertarian, is the engine behind the movement."
- Rand Paul's Confederacy Scandal Is Not an Anomaly -- Libertarianism Papers Over Deep Racism in America [More...]
- Libertarianism truly is the velvet glove of a nice-sounding “freedom” policy that covers the iron fist of five hundred years of genocide and apartheid in America.
- Study Confirms Tea Party Was Created by Big Tobacco and Billionaires [More...]
- "A new academic study confirms that front groups with longstanding ties to the tobacco industry and the billionaire Koch brothers planned the formation of the Tea Party movement more than a decade before it exploded onto the U.S. political scene."
- Study Confirms Tea Party Was Created by Big Tobacco and Pollutocrat Kochs [More...]
- "A new academic study confirms that front groups with longstanding ties to the tobacco industry and the billionaire Koch brothers planned the formation of the Tea Party movement more than a decade before it exploded onto the U.S. political scene. Far from a genuine grassroots uprising, this astroturf effort was curated by wealthy industrialists years in advance."
- The Billionaires Tea Party Documentary [More...]
- Behind the Tea Party movement’s rhetoric of ‘freedom’ versus ‘socialism’ lies a highly co-ordinated network of shadow groups, funded by the likes of billionaire ideologues Charles and David Koch. (An hour-long film.)
- The Koch-Whore Archipelago: How The Billionaire Kochs Screwed My Scoop While Screwing America [More...]
- Mark Ames describes how Koch supporters in the media attempted to discredit his reporting on Koch creation of the Tea Party.
- The Tea Party movement: deluded and inspired by billionaires [More...]
- "The Tea Party movement is remarkable in two respects. It is one of the biggest exercises in false consciousness the world has seen – and the biggest Astroturf operation in history. These accomplishments are closely related."
- What Do the Koch Brothers Want?
- "The agenda of the Koch brothers is to repeal every major piece of legislation that has been signed into law over the past 80 years that has protected the middle class, the elderly, the children, the sick, and the most vulnerable in this country." Based on the 1980 Platform of the Libertarian Party.
- Why I fled libertarianism -- and became a liberal [More...]
- "I don’t think regular Americans have any idea just how crazy libertarians can be."
One cannot overstate the childishness of the ideas that feed and stir the masses. Real ideas must as a rule be simplified to the level of a child's understanding if they are to arouse the masses to historic actions. A childish illusion, fixed in the minds of all children born in a certain decade and hammered home for four years, can easily reappear as a deadly serious political ideology twenty years later.
Sebastian Haffner, "Defying Hitler: A Memoir", pg. 17.
Those of you who don’t want to flatter self-regarding billionaires for a living are advised to reconsider, because that’s the only job that will always be hiring in Tea Party America.
Alex Pareene, "Right-wing billionaires purchasing own professors"