From Critiques Of Libertarianism
- Basics (9 links)
- Some basics of discussing libertarianism.
- Ideology (20 links)
- The ideological universe of libertarians: how to view them with less distortion from propaganda.
- Criticism (12 links)
- Libertarianism is criticized strongly by all sides, including libertarians themselves, for an amazing number of reasons.
- Issues (51 links)
- There are a large number of issues that libertarians perennially raise.
- Libertarians (16 links)
- Notable libertarians.
- Economics (34 links)
- Libertarians love to claim that their philosophy is backed by economics. While it is true that a number of famous economists have been libertarian, the more economics seems to back libertarianism, the less it resembles science and the more it resembles propaganda. The vast majority of libertarians who actually learn some economics learn either Austrian Economics or Chicago Economics. Those conflict so seriously that one side (or both) MUST be wrong. Both choices are seriously afflicted with the idea that economics is about capitalism, rather than actual human behavior.
- Philosophy (14 links)
- No philosophy is unified: liberal, conservative, marxist and libertarian philosophies are numerous and varied. Libertarian philosophies are all based on fundamental fantasies which are easily contradicted by common knowledge and science. If they claim to be based on firmer foundations, they make magical, unexplained leaps from those foundations to their conclusions: the logic that would connect them is missing.
- Fellow Travelers (10 links)
- Libertarianism overlaps the interests of many other groups, including plutocrats, gun nuts, NAMBLA, bigots and more.
- Humor, Quotations, Etc. (6 links)
- The lighter side of libertarianism. These make an otherwise dry subject more palatable.
- Alternatives (21 links)
- There are many alternative ideas which people find superior to libertarianism.