The Tax Prep Industry
From Critiques Of Libertarianism
While libertarians complain about the complexity of filing taxes, they ignore that this feature is promoted by the tax preparation industry. Another example of privatizing profits by socializing costs.
- How the Maker of TurboTax Fought Free, Simple Tax Filing [More...]
- "Intuit, producer of the top-selling tax software, has opposed letting the government do your taxes for free -- even though it could save time and headaches for millions of filers."
- How TurboTax Tricks You Into Paying To File Your Taxes [More...]
- Come along as we try to file our taxes for free on TurboTax!
- Tax Maze: How the Tax Prep Industry Blocks Government from Making Tax Day Easier [More...]
- “...this report finds that vehement and longstanding opposition by the tax preparation industry and anti-tax groups has prevented the IRS from meeting its statutory requirement to develop procedures for return-free filing and has denied American taxpayers the many benefits of this system.”
No quotations found in this category.