Transportation is rife with market failure, including natural monopoly, positive and negative externalities, coordination problems and conspiracy to manipulate markets. This necessitates an active government program of regulation, deregulation, anti-monopoly and socialized production.
- Roads (10 links)
- The "who will build the roads?" question has become an inside joke for libertarians. So much so that they don't even debate or discuss it anymore. They just regurgitate "privatize everything!" despite the fact that history shows their solutions don't work except in rare cases.
- An Unholy Alliance Against Public Transit [More...]
- "Uber and the Kochs aren't often mentioned in the same sentence. But the rideshare company has joined the far-right billionaire-funded operation on a libertarian crusade to destroy public transit."
- How the Koch Brothers Are Killing Public Transit Projects Around the Country [More...]
- "In cities and counties across the country... the Koch brothers are fueling a fight against public transit, an offshoot of their longstanding national crusade for lower taxes and smaller government."
- Unfriendly Skies [More...]
- "It’s time to admit that airline deregulation has failed passengers, workers -- and economic efficiency."
No quotations found in this category.