From Critiques Of Libertarianism
(Redirected from Category:Basics)
Some basics of discussing libertarianism.
- Introduction To Libertarianism
- The big picture of libertarianism. Three realms of libertarianism and its place in politics.
- The Short, Simple Dismissal Of Libertarianism
- 99% of libertarianism is obviously untrue or unacceptable for one or more of these reasons.
- A Non-Libertarian FAQ
- A general introduction to discussion with libertarians, with an extensive discussion of arguments commonly used by libertarian evangelists. This is the original FAQ, little changed from when it originated in 1994. See also: More FAQS and Criticisms of the Non-Libertarian FAQ.
- Liberty, Rights, Property, Coercion, Government, Markets and Capitalism (7 links)
- The ideological universe of libertarians: how to view them with less distortion from propaganda.
- Descriptions Of Libertarianism (3 links)
- There are numerous varieties of libertarianism, so no one description will suffice. Here are some overviews and classifications that will give you a broader picture of libertarianism.
- Libertarian Propaganda Terms (73 links)
- Libertarian and conservative think-tanks have labored mightily to make propaganda terms such as free market part of the thinking of ordinary people. Most libertarians have no idea how they are manipulated by this language and how it creates their ideology. Many serve as shibboleths.
- How Libertarian Ideas And Attitudes Are Spread (19 links)
- The spread of libertarianism is not due to some "truth" or intrinsic goodness. Libertarianism would have stayed a fringe belief were it not for enormous public relations programs financed for generations by the extremely wealthy.
- Libertarian Self-Delusions
- Libertarians believe many weird things about themselves compared to others. Many are splendid examples of the Dunning–Kruger effect.
- Libertarian Blind Spots (46 links)
- Libertarianism fails in many areas, which libertarians either ignore, dismiss, or lie about. Libertarians generally cannot admit effectiveness of regulation and government programs in a large number of important fields. Or admit effectiveness of any social change except through markets. These are the important reasons people can't accept libertarianism.
- Claimed Examples Of Libertarianism (12 links)
- There has never been a libertarian nation or society anywhere, despite numerous attempts to found them as micro-nations, oceanic platforms, etc. But libertarians are armed with many "examples" to show that it could work. Examples such as the USA, Hong Kong, Chile and Singapore are uniformly misleading or false.
- Opposing Libertarianism (1 link)
- Opposing evangelical libertarianism is easy, but there's lots to learn to do it effectively. Here is an overview of some of what you would want to know.
Deprecated in favor of Template:List.
No quotations found in this category.