Keynes versus Hayek
There has been a continuous drumbeat of promotion for Hayek from conservatives and libertarians since the 1940's. Recently, there has been extensive propaganda use of Hayek's ideas to oppose Keynesian ideas. The propaganda often attempts to show two theories as equal in standing. But Keynes resoundingly defeated Hayek, despite recent libertarian historical revisionism.
- Fear the Boom and Bust: A Hayek vs. Keynes Rap Anthem [More...]
- Revisionist propaganda from EconStories.tv promoting Hayek over Keynes, funded by Koch brothers think tanks.
- Fight of the Century [More...]
- More propaganda promoting Hayek at the expense of Keynes from the Koch brothers think tanks. Representative of their accuracy, Keynes was MUCH taller (6'6") than Hayek, though the video shows them as the same.
- Donâ€™t Get Punked: Keynes Won This Rap Battle [More...]
- David Frum points out the fact that Keynes proposed a solution to depression, and Hayek didn't.
- Hayek vs. Keynes Round 2: Amusing Rubbish [More...]
- Details how the video makes a caricature of Keynesian thought.
- Daniel Kuehn: Maynard, Fred, Gus and Ralph on the History of Macroeconomics [More...]
- Brad DeLong endorses Daniel Kuehn's criticism of the Keynes versus Hayek videos.
- Keynes v. Hayek: Enough Already [More...]
- David Glasner points out that Keynes and Hayek are "two charismatic personalities who have become figureheads or totems for ideological movements that they might not have endorsed at all". Glasner identifies Ralph Hawtrey and Gustav Cassel as accurate predictors of the great depression.
- Keynes Versus Hayek, 1932 [More...]
- Paul Krugman points out some basic, ridiculous errors of Hayek that are persistently repeated today.
- Skidelsky versus Selgin on Keynes and Hayek [More...]
- The LSE debate between Skidelsky and Selgin about Keynes versus Hayek is reviewed, with links to followups. Keynes wins by a landslide. From the "Social Democracy for the 21st Century" blog.
No quotations found in this category.